My guest for this week’s episode of the Duct Tape Marketing Podcast is Brad Bouse. He is the co-founder of Lightboard, a company that delivers great design for sales and marketing teams. He and I discuss the role design plays in brand development and how to master it.
For this podcast episode, I thought I would put the Lightboard process to the test as well so I engaged them to create a PowerPoint presentation for my recent talk at Social Media Marketing World (see sample slides at the bottom of this post).
This was a full paid gig just like the rest of the world as I wanted to experience both the end product and the process. I would say on both fronts they nailed it. Without hesitation, Lightboard has a lot to offer small businesses who are ready to embrace the awesome marketing power of great design.
Questions I ask Brad Bouse:
- How has design changed with the digital world?
- What role does design play in brand development?
- What are the essential elements of brand guidelines documents?
What you’ll learn if you give a listen:
- Why a brand’s design is so much more than a logo
- How to come up with a consistent design approach for content
- How to measure the ROI of design
Key takeaways from the episode and more about Brad Bouse:
Want to learn more about crafting the visual elements of your brand? Be sure to check out our Ultimate Marketing Strategy Plan for Small Business.
Like this show? Click on over and give us a review on iTunes, please!